Port Saint John and From Menus to Venues Wedding and Event Planning are partnering to bring Insights: A Wedding Fair to the Marco Polo Cruise Terminal. This wedding show is specifically geared toward couples, complete with a fashion show, guest speakers and exclusive tours of Port Saint John Venues.
The event takes place on September 7th at 111 Water Street – home of the Port’s state-of-the-art cruise terminal and wedding venue. Doors open at noon.
We sat down with Haley Evans, wedding planner extraordinaire and the owner of From Menus to Venues, to get some more information on the event.
Visit the website for details. http://www.insightsweddingfair.com/
How is INSIGHTS different than other wedding shows?
The Insights Wedding Fair was designed specifically with engaged couples in mind. After he pops the question, what next? Insights will help you answer your wedding planning questions, while getting expert advice from top of the line wedding professionals. Unlike other wedding shows, there will be more than just a wedding supplier trade show and fashion show at Insights. Engaged couples will also get a chance to have a free consultation with a certified wedding planner during our Speed Planning Activity, there will be guest speakers from the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada and thousands of dollars worth of prizes to be won. There will also be a Bridal Blowout Sale where past brides will be selling their new and lightly loved wedding decor, accessories and of course, wedding gowns! This will be New Brunswick’s wedding event of the year.
What will exhibitors be showing off?
The exhibitors at Insights have been handpicked because they are great at what they do. At our supplier trade show, you’ll find exhibitors offering samples, giving out coupons, having contests and more! We have exhibitors in every category, so if you’re looking for a photographer, decorator, wedding planner, DJ… we have it all!
What should every guest bring with them?
All guests should bring the following with them to the event:
- Their advance ticket – Purchasing your ticket in advance will not only save you time at the door, but will enter you in more contests and you’ll receive a free swag bag if you’re one of the first 100 people at the event with an advanced ticket. Tickets can be purchased online at www.insightsweddingfair.com or in person at Port Saint John, Garnett’s Bridal Boutique and Inspire Collections.
- A pen & date book to keep track of appointments and events
- A check book and some cash – you never know which vendors you will fall in love with! Be ready to book them on the spot to save your date. You will also want to have some cash for the Bridal Blowout Sale and to grab a drink at the bar!
- The wedding party – Bond with your wedding party at Insights! It’s always good to have others with you to help make decisions when it comes to purchases and vendors selection. Bring along your bridesmaids, your mom and your groom at have a fun day out at Insights!
Give us a hint at some of the highlights.
- Speed Planning – Step up for a free consultation from a certified wedding planner! Similar to Speed Dating, our Speed Planning activity will allow couples to get professional advice from an expert in the field.
- Venue Tours – Get up close and personal with Port Saint John during a tour of the Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal.
- Guest Speakers – Danielle and Tracey from The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada will be at the event giving their best wedding planning tips and tricks!
- Prizes – We are giving away thousands of dollars worth of prizes, including one grand prize wedding package valued at over $6,000!
- Fashion Show – We will be featuring some hot outfits for the whole wedding party on the runway! The best part of the show is that all of the dresses and gowns you see on the runway will be available for sale at the event! Almost all of the wedding gowns for sale are under $500. There will also be bridesmaids dresses, flower girls and ring bearer outfits, mother of the bride outfits and more.
How do wedding shows help brides/grooms plan their special day?
Wedding shows give couples a one stop shopping and wedding planning experience. Wedding planning can be very overwhelming and most couples don’t know where to start. Wedding shows allow couples to meet a ton of wedding vendors and get a lot of planning information all in one day under one roof. On top of that, weddings shows are a great way to try and win prizes and get discounts from vendors. Many exhibitors will be offering special deals to guests at the show! Whether you are newly engaged or have most of your planning done, you won’t want to miss Insights.
Insights: A Wedding Fair
Location: Marco Polo Cruise Terminal, 111 Water Street
Date: September 7, 2014
Time: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Ever After Event (Wedding Blowout Sale)
Location: Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal, 333 Water Street
Date: September 7, 2014
Time: Doors open at 4:00pm
For more information: www.insightsweddingfair.com